Students! We are now on SkidSync! Check out our portal and join to get updates about events and schedules.
Welcome, Visitors! Visiting for Homecoming, Celebration Weekend, or just to check out Skidmore? Welcome! You'll find information about local religious and spiritual communities on our "Local Worship" page (on the menu to the left) and our weekly on-campus schedule below. You are welcome to stop by our offices on the second floor of Case Center. Don't forget to check out Wilson Chapel while you're here, perhaps on your way to explore the beautiful North Woods!
The Office of Religious and Spiritual Life (ORSL) provides opportunities for members of the Skidmore community to develop their religious and spiritual lives, which are an important part of the educational experience.
We encourage enriching dialogue, meaningful ritual, and enduring friendships among people of all religious backgrounds.
- religious services
- holiday observances
- contemplative practices
- speakers and lectures
- educational programs
- discussion groups
- community service opportunities
- social justice projects
- club advising
- individual spiritual counsel
Contacting a Chaplain or Spiritual Advisor
The ORSL staff are available to meet with students regardless of religious, spiritual, or secular background. Affiliated advisors and local religious leaders from specific traditions are also available on and off campus. We are happy to help students connect with leaders and communities from their preferred tradition.
Fall 2017 Drop-in Hours
- Tuesdays 1-3 pm and by appointement - Case 203 with Parker Diggory
- Thursdays 3-4:30 and Tuesdays 1:30 - 3 pm - Case 201 with Jennifer Schmid-Fareed
- ORSL advisors are also available most weekdays on campus. Stop by our offices or contact us to make an appointment.
Connect with the ORSL...
- to discuss faith, spirituality, and religion
- to connect with faith communities on or off campus
- for prayer or spiritual counsel
- to plan events on campus of religious and/or spiritual interest
- if you’re navigating a time of grief
- to talk about identity and community
- when worried about a friend or loved one
- just to talk
The chapel is a beautiful space for worship and wonder, retreat and reflection. When not scheduled for campus events it is available to the Skidmore community for personal reflection and prayer. Events at the chapel include yoga, meditation, religious prayers and services, and events that explore many forms of spiritual and contemplative practice.
When not otherwise reserved the chapel is normally open from around 6:30 am to around 10:30 pm during the school year.
To contact the ORSL email Parker Diggory at firstname.lastname@example.org, stop by Case 201-203 (note our new office locations effective September 2017!) or see our staff page for more details.
Fall 2017 Weekly Schedule
All events are open to Skidmore students, staff, and faculty unless otherwise noted. Additional events are often added by our office and related clubs throughout the year. Connect with us on SkidSync to stay up to date!
- Christian Prayer
12:15-12:35 pm, Case 203
- Restorative Yoga w/ Mindful Movement Club
7:30—8:30 pm, Wilson Chapel *students only*
- Mindfulness & Meditation
12:15—12:35 pm, ICC
- Vinyasa Yoga
8—9:15 am, Wilson Chapel
- Open Chapel Drop-in Hours
2:30—4:30 pm, Wilson Chapel
- Zen Meditation
6:25—8:30 pm, Wilson Chapel
- Mindfulness & Meditation
12:15—12:35 pm, Wilson Chapel
- Restorative Yoga & SoundHealing
5—6 pm, Wilson Chapel
- Muslim Prayer
drop-in 12-1:30 pm, Wilson Chapel
- Kabbalat Shabbat Services
5:15-6:15 pm, Wilson Chapel, Student-led
- Shabbat Dinner
6:30 pm, 2nd floor Murray-Aikins Dining Hall
- Skidmore Christian Fellowship - Ignite!
7pm, ICC, large group gathering
- Havdalah Services 5pm, ICC
- Quaker gatherings
3-4 pm, Wilson Chapel, every other Sunday starting 10/1/17
- Vinyasa Yoga
5—6:15 pm, Wilson Chapel
- Roman Catholic Mass
select Sunday evenings, contact ORSL
Schedule subject to change. See SkidSync or contact kdiggory@skidmore for info or to find out about additional opportunities and local services.