2017 Pre-Orientation dates
Thursday, August 31 through
Sunday, September 3
One of the best ways of making the transition to college life is through participation in one of the many Pre-Orientation Programs at Skidmore. Whether it's hiking in the Adirondacks, creating sculpture, or doing community service, there are many ways to meet students with similar interests and goals. Pre-Orientation takes place just before Orientation for all first-year and transfer students. Participation is optional
There are a limited amount of need-based scholarships available. To apply, please fill out this application, if you are awarded a scholarship this will automatically be taken off your bill for the next billing cycle.
For any other questions or concerns, contact us at email@example.com or 518-580-8338
How to Register
Registration opens on June 1, 2017, at noon EST and closes on July 15,2017
Please read the following information before you attempt to register for Pre-Orientation
- Preferred browsers: Chrome or Internet Explorer.
- Student system quick reference: This general guide should help you navigate the registration process more easily (It is not specifically a guide to Pre-Orientation registration)
You will register for Pre-Orientation as a summer class, and your Skidmore account will be billed directly (If you recieved a scholarship award that will automatically be reflected in your next billing cycle). You will need your student username and password and the CRN# of the program in which you wish to participate. The program is set up as a direct bill to your account.
- Find the CRN# of the course you want to register for next to the course title on the On-Campus and Off-Campus program pages
- Log in to your student services account (have your username and password ready)
- Once you log in, hover over the Registration button and choose "add/drop classes"
- Select "Summer Term"
- Enter the CRN# of your program
- Click on "submit changes"
- If the page says *web registered* you do NOT need to do anything else
Required Forms for all First-Year Students participating in a Pre-orientation program, each participant will fill out a total of 3 forms:
- Medical and Dietary Restrictions
- Liability Waiver
- Skidmore Code of Conduct
Please submit these by scanning (if you do take a picture and send it please test
it on your computer first to make sure it is clear and legible) and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or send via snail-mail to
Attn: Pre-Orientation Case 309
815 N. Broadway
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866.
Once you have registered you can expect to hear from our Pre-Orientation Coordinator towards the middle to end of July regarding specifics.
All first-year students attending a Pre-Orientation program need to arrive on campus on the morning of Thursday, August 31, 2017, to check in to their assigned student housing
No first-year students are allowed to check in prior to Thursday, August 31, 2017!
- Students participating in off-campus programs will check in between 8:30 a.m. and 10 a.m.
- Students participating in on-campus programs will check in between 10 a.m. and 11:30 a.m.
Visit the Orientation site to find schedules for your first day of Orientation
There will be a parent Orientation program on September 1, 2017 which mimicks the orientation on Sept. 3rd. There are typically close to 400 students who participate in Pre-O which makes the day quite lively! Please see your first-year packets for more information or visit the First Year Experience web pages