CTM signs
Admissions & Financial Aid
Menu Toggle Navigation

Transfer Applicants Information

Interested in learning more about transferring to Skidmore?
Attend our Transfer Open House on Friday, February 26, 2016!


To be considered for fall admission you should apply by April 1. To be considered for spring admission you should apply by November 15. Please submit the following:

For questions about transferring
to Skidmore,
contact Lisa Rinaolo-Johnson at
lrinaolo@skidmore.edu or 518-580-5575.

  • $65 application fee (check or credit card accepted). No application can be processed until the fee is received or a request for a waiver has been submitted.

  • Skidmore College Transfer Common Application supplement 
  • Official transcripts from all colleges or universities where you have registered for any courses

  • Final high school transcript

  • Results of SAT I or ACT scores are required and may be submitted on official high school transcripts or directly received from testing services

  • Two (2) College Instructor Evaluations who have taught you in academic courses.

  • A College Official Report, indicating you are in good standing at the time of application, and that no disciplinary action is pending

  • A Midterm Grade Report indicating your grades-in-progress for the current term

If submitting an art portfolio (not required):

Prospective studio art majors are not required to submit a portfolio. If you are submitting an art portfolio, please submit electronically via slideroom.com, in partnership with the Common Application.

Please include Skidmore College on your My Colleges page. Then click on Art Supplement which will connect you to www.slideroom.com. Please create an account on slideroom.com and submit your work. 

Keep in mind: Due to the number of portfolio submissions, applicants should adhere to the following guidelines to ensure that their portfolios are reviewed: 

  • At least four works must be drawings from direct observation. 
  • Artworks should demonstrate a command of elements of visual language, including composition, line, form and color. 
  • Portfolios should reflect the abilities and experience of the applicants. 

Articulation Agreements 

Skidmore College maintains an articulation agreement with Schenectady County Community College (SCCC). Candidates for admission are provided complete information on SCCC course articulations for the Skidmore degree program prior to the student's acceptance of an admission offer.Students admitted under this articulation agreement will be awarded financial aid meeting their full demonstrated need. For more information about transferring to Skidmore, contact Lisa Rinaolo-Johnson at lrinaolo@skidmore.edu. For more information about credits and degrees, please contact Paula Brehm at pbrehm@skidmore.edu

Helpful Links


Frequently Asked Questions 

Does Skidmore accept fall and spring transfer applications?

Transfer applications are accepted for both fall and spring semesters. To be considered for fall admission you should apply by April 1. Applications for our spring term should be submitted by November 15.

What does Skidmore consider for a transfer admission?

For transfer admission, the Admissions Committee will place particular emphasis on the applicant's academic record in college, but will also consider the secondary school record and standardized test scores. The Committee will consider how well previous course selection at both the secondary and post-secondary level has prepared the applicant to satisfy Skidmore's degree requirements. Personal qualities, accomplishments, interests and capacity for growth are also considered, so careful attention is paid to recommendations, the student's personal statement, and, when possible, the interview.

Is there a minimum number of credits needed to apply for transfer admission?

There is no minimum required however we prefer to see one full year of college level work completed prior to transferring.

How many credits can be transferred and how many must I complete at Skidmore?

A minimum of 120 credit hours is required for a Skidmore degree. We will accept a maximum of 60 transfer credit hours. A minimum of 60 credit hours must be completed here at Skidmore. For specific information on how your credits may transfer, please contact the Registrar's office at registrar@skidmore.edu or by calling (518)580-5710.  

A tentative evaluation of transfer credit will be available upon request at the time of acceptance. The definitive evaluation is provided by the Office of the Registrar and is not available until after the student has decided to enroll at Skidmore and an enrollment deposit has been received. Only courses in which a student has received a grade of "C" or better are transferable.

Is financial aid available for transfer students?

Some need-based institutional grant assistance is available. For further information please contact our Office of Financial Aid at (518) 580-5750.

Is housing provided for incoming transfers?

 is guaranteed for all incoming transfers.

How to Apply!

How to Apply

Everything you need is here!



Schedule time on the Campus!

First-Year Experience

First-Year Experience

Freshman seminars

Contact Us

Contact Us

E-mail us or call us!

Creative Thought Matters
Map & Directions A-Z Index Event Calendar Directories Employment Sustainability Diversity Emergency Preparedness