Schedule time on the Campus!
First Year Applicants, Regular Decision Checklist
To be considered for admission, please submit the following:
- $65 application fee (check or credit card accepted). No application can be processed until the fee is received or a request for a waiver has been signed by the student’s secondary school guidance counselor and submitted.
- The application: Students must apply directly through the Common Application website: Common Application
- Secondary School Report (see Common Application) filled out by secondary school guidance counselor (includes official high school transcript)
- Two academic Teacher Evaluation Reports (see Common Application)
- Midyear Report filled out by secondary school guidance counselor (see Common Application)
- Standardized testing scores (from the SAT Reasoning Test or the ACT with Writing Examination) sent directly to Admissions from the appropriate testing service (Skidmore's CEEB code is 2815; our ACT code is 2906)
- If applying for financial aid, follow the instructions on Skidmore’s Financial Aid website
- If you are sending any application related materials via regular mail, please be sure to include your name and Common Application ID on all materials submitted via mail.
Note: For information on what Skidmore looks for in its applicants, click here.
If submitting an art portfolio (not required)
Prospective studio art majors are not required to submit a portfolio. If you are submitting an art portfolio, please submit electronically via slideroom.com, in partnership with the Common Application.
Keep in mind: Due to the number of portfolio submissions, applicants should adhere to the following guidelines to ensure that their portfolios are reviewed:
- At least four works must be drawings from direct observation.
- Artworks should demonstrate a command of elements of visual language, including composition, line, form and color.
- Portfolios should reflect the abilities and experience of the applicants.