Welcome to the newly renovated Surrey Williamson Inn.
The Surrey was closed from August 2014 through October 2016 for extensive renovations (while maintaining the architectural form and character of the Inn).
The Surrey Williamson Inn is listed on the National Register of Historic Places as part of the North Broadway Historic District. Originally named the Broadview Lodge, this English Tudor-style house, built between 1916 and 1918, was later known as the Surrey Inn, and for three years in the 1940s it was the Brown School for Boys.
Broadview, built as a private home, has 21 rooms (12 with full baths), a glassed-in breakfast porch, and a wide double staircase off the entranceway. The original site plan included the private home, garage and chauffeur's apartment, superintendent's cottage, and farm building.
The former garage and chauffeur's apartment, later known as the Surrey Cottage, are today the College's Eissner Cottage. The superintendent's Cottage, known as Overlook Cottage, today is the College's Alumni Welcome Center and is renamed Colton House.