Winter Parking Policy
Facilities Services will determine the exact date that the Winter Parking Policy will be activated and remain in effect throughout the winter months. This will occur during the late fall semester and will be announced by email, signage, and an e2Campus alert. The following rules apply when this policy is activated.
GENERAL PARKING RESTRICTIONS
- All "Perimeter Road" parking will be prohibited.
- All "Commuter Lots" MUST be cleared of vehicles between the hours of 2am and 7am, each morning.
- Vehicles parked in "Temporary" and "Handicap" spots on campus and in Northwoods must be moved to accommodate plowing activities.
EMERGENCY SNOW REMOVAL PLAN
In the event Facilities Services determines that parking lots on campus require the removal of snow accumulation the "Emergency Snow Removal Plan" will be activated.
- When "The Emergency Snow Removal Plan" is activated the community will be notified by email, signage, and the Skidmore Urgent Notification System (SUNs).
- The following table provides the parking schedule when the "Emergency Snow Removal Plan" is activated:
|Facilities Services activated the Emergency Snow Removal Plan||All "Commuter" lots are cleared of snow between 2am and 7am.||All "overnight" lots are cleared of snow between 2am and 7am||All Parking Returns to Normal|
|Notices are sent to the community by email, signage, and the SUN System.||Commuters park in "Commuter" lots as they arrival after 7am.||Commuters park in "Overnight" lots upon arrival after 7am.|
|Vehicles parked in "Overnight" lots MUST move to "Commuter" lots between 5pm and midnight.||All vehicles parked in "Commuter" lots are required to return to "Overnight" lots by midnight.|
PARKING LOT DESIGNATIONS
|COMMUTER LOTS||OVERNIGHT LOTS|
|No Parking 2am to 7am||Arts Quad A/Zankel Parking Lots|
|Barrett Center Loop||Arts Quad B Parking Lot|
|Case Lot||Falstaff's Parking Lot|
|Dance Theater/Lodge Lots||Northwoods Parking Lot|
|Harder Hall Lot||Sussman Village Parking Lots|
|Jonsson Tower Lot||Tang Lot|
|North Hall Lot||Wait Lot|
|Palamountain Lot||West Lot|
|Sports Center/Greenberg Child Care Center Lot|
|Perimeter Road Spaces (CLOSED DURING WINTER)|
PARKING BETWEEN SEMESTERS
- Anyone leaving a vehicle on campus between the fall and spring semester must provide Campus Safety with a completed vehicle waiver.
- Vehicles must be parked in Falstaff's Lot (any overflow will park in the section of Palamountain closest to Falstaff's Lot and the Perimeter Road.)
Facilities Services retains the option to modify these plans as needed to accommodate changing weather conditions and College need. All attempts will be made to notify the community in a timely fashion.
Vehicles parked in violation of this policy are subject to ticketing and towing at the owner's expense without notification.