Ticket requests for Commencement 2017 are closed. Tickets are required for seating
in the amphitheater, and must be presented upon arrival.
Ample seating is still available on the lawn area for addtional family members, guests, and community members - no tickets are required for lawn seating.
Skidmore is excited about Commencement 2017!
Due to the enthusiasm that has been generated following the announcement of this year's honorary degree recipients (Wes Moore! Ann Tisch! Oprah!), Skidmore will institute a policy whereby admission tickets for seats in the amphitheater of the Saratoga Performing Arts Center (SPAC) will be REQUIRED for each guest except for children under the age of 2.
The College's first priority is to provide seats for our graduates and their families based on the allowable seating capacity within the Amphitheater. Therefore, a maximum of six (6) tickets will be allocated to graduating seniors for admission of family members and friends.
Additional seating for the ceremony will be available on the SPAC lawn and tickets will not be required for this area. There will be ample seating on the lawn area for additional family members, guests and community members and tickets will NOT be required for this area. Guests seated on the lawn may bring blankets and lawn chairs (under 24" height) for use in this area. For SPAC's ground rules, please go to the SPAC website.
How do I request tickets for Commencement?
- To request tickets, graduating seniors must submit the online form at the bottom of
this page to request up to a maximum of six (6) tickets for admission of family members
- All online requests must be submitted to the Office of Alumni Relations & College Events by April 15, 2017.
Mobility impaired seating is available in a designated section of the amphitheater. Due to space limitations, up to three requests (per party) for mobility impaired seating accommodations will be considered. The three mobility impaired seating ticket requests are part of your 6 allocated tickets. (e.g. 3 general tickets and 3 mobility impaired seating tickets=6 tickets) Additional requests will be considered if space permits. These tickets will include one drop-off pass to allow you to drop off the person with the mobility impairment closer to their seats. This is simply a drop-off point, not a parking lot. After your party members are dropped off, you must park in the main lot on Rt. 50. Click here for a map of the designated area. SPAC golf carts are available from the main lot on Rt. 50 to the amphitheater, if needed.
- Extra amphitheater tickets may be requested by the using the "Extra Ticket" part of
the form to submit your request.
*NOTE: Allocation of any additional tickets (beyond six) will be determined shortly after the April 15, 2017 deadline. Requests for additional tickets will be honored based on availability and in conjunction with the date when the form was received by the Office of Alumni Relations & College Events.
- Tickets must be presented upon entry to the amphitheater.
Saratoga Performing Arts Center gates open at 8 a.m. Please enter SPAC grounds at the Route 50 main parking entrance. You will form two lines at the grounds entrance; one for ticketed guests and one for guests without tickets. If you are a ticket holder, you will be directed to the entrances of the amphitheater, where you will need to show your ticket to enter. If you do not have a ticket, you will be directed to the lawn areas on the far right and far left. Security Officers will direct you to your appropriate location. No one will be permitted in the center lawn area with the exception of graduates. SPAC ground rules for concerts apply to this event and can be found on the SPAC website.
- College policy prohibits the sale of Commencement tickets for money or for any commercial value. Violation will result in referral to the Integrity Board.
When and where will I receive tickets?
*Note: All guests MUST have a ticket to obtain a seat in the amphitheater
Tickets will be distributed to graduating seniors as follows:
- Daily, beginning Monday, May 15: Tickets will be available for pick-up at the Colton Alumni Welcome Center, North Broadway
(directly across from the main entrance to campus) between 8:30 am – 4:30 pm daily.
- May 17: Tickets may be picked up at the Senior Barbecue, Scribner House, 1 - 3 pm
- May 18: Tickets may be picked up at the Colton Alumni Welcome Center, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
- May 19: Tickets may be picked up at Commencement Central, Case Center Information Desk, 2nd Floor, 9 am – 9 pm
- May 20: Tickets will be available at "WILL CALL" Window located at the SPAC main entrance (Rt. 50 Entrance) beginning at 8:00 a.m.