Campus Sustainability Plan
The Campus Sustainability Plan, submitted by the Campus Sustainability Subcommittee (CSS) of the Institutional Policy and Planning Committee, provides a thorough review of the progress that Skidmore has made in its campus sustainability efforts, and offers goals in five key focus areas to help Skidmore continue to develop and practice create sustainability solutions. The Campus Sustainability Plan includes goals in five key focus areas including Energy, Food, Waste, Lands and Grounds, and Engagement.
Click to download the full Campus Sustainability Plan.
The 2015-2016 Annual Report is now available. Please click here to download the report to learn about recent accomplishments and future steps.
Campus Sustainability Plan Goals
- Goal 1: 60% of our electricity from renewable sources
- Goal 2: 60% of our heating and cooling from renewable sources
- Goal 3: 75% reduction in our greenhouse gas emissions
- Goal 4: 60% reduction in energy use for heating and cool per student and square foot
- Goal 5: Maintain electricity use per student and square foot
- Goal: 25% Sustainable Food in Dining Services
- Goal 1: 60% diversion rate in routine operations
- Goal 2: 50% diversion rate for special projects
Lands and Grounds
- Goal: Create a comprehensive lands management plan for our lands and grounds
- Goal: Make sustainability an essential feature of Skidmore's identity and a value that is integrated into all aspects of the College