Application InformationIMPORTANT! The application information below is specific to Scholarship Competition
Applicants. The scholarship competition is open to students enrolled full-time in undergraduate
or graduate programs. You must also be nominated by your creative writing instructor
to be eligible. If you are NOT eligible to apply for a scholarship go to the 2014 Non-Scholarship Application Information for information on how to apply.
A completeScholarship Application includes the following:
- Completion of an 2014 Scholarship Application
- Submission of the following attachments as indicated below.
- Brief Letter -indicating your status (e.g. undergraduate senior, second-yr. grad student at which school, studied with whom, etc.) Be sure to note which genre you are applying for: Fiction Scholarship App; or Poetry Scholarship App; or NFP Scholarship App.
- Writing Sample
- Students in Fiction or Non-Fiction: 15-25 pages of your best writing
- Students in Poetry: 3-5 Poems
- Please make sure the file name of your attachments have your full name and item description example: JohnSmithstatement.docx
- NO SPACES & NO SYMBOLS
- Uploads should be no larger than 100MB each.
- Document types: .DOC; .DOCX; .PDF; .TXT
Scholarship Competition Deadlines
- February 25 - Faculty nominations must be received
- March 10- Last date to submit Scholarship applications
- March 16 - Scholarships will be awarded
- On or around March 20 - The names of the scholarship award winners, along with their schools, will be announced to all applicants
Reminder to Graduate Credit Applicants: Individuals applying for graduate credit must mail a sealed, official transcript from their college or university conferring a Bachelor's degree by the deadline of June 10, 2014 to: Christine Merrill, Program Coordinator, Special Programs, Skidmore College, 815 N Broadway, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
Click here to proceed to the 2014 Scholarship Application.
In accordance with U.S. Federal regulations, all non-U.S. Citizens must have a student
visa to study in the United States. You may not attend Skidmore on a tourist visa.
If you are an international student please click here.