2017 Non-Scholarship Application Information
IMPORTANT! The application information below is specific to Non-Scholarship Applicants. If you are interested and eligible to apply as a scholarship competition applicant, do NOT follow the instructions below. Instead, go to the 2017 Scholarship ApplicationInformation for information on how to apply. The scholarship competition is open to students enrolled full-time in undergraduate or graduate programs. You must also be nominated by your creative writing instructor to be eligible.
A complete Non-Scholarship Application includes the following:
- Completion of a 2017 Non-Scholarship Application
- Submission of the following attachments as indicated below.
- Brief Letter - indicating any relevant information (e.g. previous workshop experience, degrees, special interests, publications, work on newspapers or magazines, etc.). Be sure to note in your letter which genre you are applying for: Fiction NON-Scholarship App; or Poetry NON-Scholarship App; or NFP NON-Scholarship App.
- Writing Sample
- Students in Fiction or Non-Fiction: 5-20 pages
- Students in Poetry: 2-3 Poems
- Please make sure the file name of your attachments have your full name and item description.
Example: JohnSmithstatement.docx ( NO SPACES & NO SYMBOLS)
- Uploads should be in the following format and be no larger than 100MB each.
- Document: .DOC; .DOCX; .PDF; .TXT
Application Deadline: There is no deadline for non-scholarship applications. Admission is rolling. HOWEVER, once the workshops are filled, they are closed out and a waiting list is maintained. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible as spaces fill quickly.
IMPORTANT! Once you start your application, you will need to complete it in its entirety. The system won’t allow you to make changes once the application has been submitted. If you close the browser you will lose all of your information.
In accordance with U.S. Federal regulations, all non-U.S. Citizens must have a student visa to study in the United States. You may not attend Skidmore on a tourist visa. If you are an international student please review International Student Visa Information here.