Skidmore Students - don't miss your summer at Skidmore!
Summer is a transformational time for Skidmore and Saratoga Springs alike: the campus is bustling with diverse groups of visitors while the town is gearing up for track season. Summer can be an equally transformational time for college students. When you spend your summer at Skidmore, you can further your studies, jump-start your career, delve into academic research, or participate in an artistic venture. Explore your options below and envision your summer at Skidmore.
Summer classes at Skidmore are taught by Skidmore and visiting faculty and are generally small, informal, and intense. Save on discounted tuition costs while fulfilling a requirement, master a new skill, or get ahead in your studies. Live on campus and stay close to the resources you need to succeed.
Arts Institutes & Workshops
The Office of Special Programs offers an array of summer arts institutes, intensives, and workshops. If you're a student of theater, dance, writing, or music, you may be interested in one of the prestigious programs held right here on Skidmore's campus. Check out the options below:
Earning academic credit through an internship can be particularly rewarding to students as an application of their academic work to other life situations, as an exercise of their liberal arts skills and perspectives, and as a bridge between college and career. Pat Choukeir in the Associate Dean of the Faculty Office, organizes the internship credit guidelines and proposal process at Skidmore. An electronic library of internship opportunities is maintained by the Office of Career Development Center.
Our team in the Office of Special Programs is happy to help you plan your summer at Skidmore. Stop by our office on North Broadway in Pine Cottage Annex, or email us with your questions.
Summer Housing: Lilly Routledge
Summer Sessions & Courses: Jeromy McFarren
All other inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Summer Housing at Skidmore provides students the sense of community they need to have a successful and unforgettable summer on campus. Whether you are taking a class, doing research, or working on campus, you can enjoy the comfort and familiarity of Skidmore's housing, and avoid the hassle of downtown rentals.
Working on campus during the summer is a great way to jump-start your career. Try out working full-time in an administrative setting, or apply to jobs that fit your skill-set and aspirations. Summer housing is available for students with on-campus jobs.
Summer Jobs at Skidmore
- Summer, Camp Northwoods, Counselors (8)
- Summer, Operations Audio-Visual Technician (2)
- Summer, Weight Room & Sports Center Building Assistants (2)
- Summer, Sports Center, Lifeguard (10)
- Summer, Summer Operations & Resident Assistant (5)
- Summer, Summer Operations Assistant (2)
- Summer, Decoda-Skidmore Chamber Music Institute Head Resident Assistant
- Summer, Decoda-Skidmore Chamber Music Institute Resident Assistant (2)
- Summer Office Assistant
- Summer, Summer Institutes, Office Assistant
- Summer, Summer Event Assistant (4)
- Summer Instructional Technology Assistant
- Summer Instructional Technology Assistant - GIS
- Summer Reunion Student Assistant
- Summer, Art Office, Office Assistant
- Summer, Summer Term Teaching, Lab and Studio Assistants (15-20)
- Summer, Pre-College, Resident Assistant (10)
- Summer, Pre-College, Residence Hall Director
- Summer Office Assistant
- Summer Housekeeping Staff - 15
- Part-time Summer Bibliographic Services Assistant (1)
- Summer Interlibrary Loan Assistant
- Summer Circulation Assistants (4)
- Summer Dining Service Trainee
- Summer Career Development Assistant