Integrity Board Training
ID251A-002 (1 Credit)
Campus Restorative Justice
This class is organized as a training for members of the Integrity Board. IB is the primary hearing board for cases of student misconduct. Membership on IB is a significant responsibility because its decisions affect both the fate of students' academic lives and the well-being and safety of the Skidmore community. The weekly meetings include student, faculty and staff members of IB. The training will include a discussion of relevant readings, debriefing of cases, and skill-building exercises. The training is an introduction to the underlying sanctioning philosophy of IB—restorative justice.
All participants in the training are expected to:
• Attend all training sessions
• Read all assigned materials
• Maintain confidentiality by discussing cases only with IB members
• Attend all assigned IB cases
• Students enrolled in ID251 are expected to complete a final project
Fall 2016 syllabus can be found here.