FOP Million Dollar Match = $2 Million+
Skidmore College is extending a special thanks to the alumni, parents, and friends who contributed more than $1.5 million in FOP-level gifts and commitments during the three-month Million Dollar Match. Combined with the $500,000 in matching funds from generous alumni challengers, Skidmore received more than $2 million in FOP support for students and faculty. Many volunteers played key roles by reaching out to classmates, friends, and parents. Skidmore appreciates the efforts of all involved, resulting in an impressive total that will benefit the College in so many ways.
FOP support helps:
- make a Skidmore education accessible to more than 1,000 talented students who rely on financial assistance,
- recruit and retain world class faculty−86% hold the highest degree in their field,
- provide hands-on learning opportunities for students, including internships and faculty-student collaborative research,
- 60% of students have an international experience and the choice of 140 study abroad programs,
- support a top-notch athletics program that provides opportunities for more than 380 students−last year thirteen teams made it to post-season competitions, and
- create a vibrant student life and campus experience with nearly 100 clubs and organizations.
Throughout the years, Skidmore College has greatly benefited from the generosity of the Friends of the Presidents−leadership donors who provide a level of financial support that sets a standard for giving and inspires the entire College community.
FOP support demonstrates belief in and commitment to the value of the exceptional liberal arts education the College offers. Skidmore students and alumni go out and change the world, and FOP members make this possible with their leadership investment.