Volunteering can help you gain experience, acquire new skills, meet new people, or expand your network of contacts as a way to get a new job or start a career. Volunteering is a way to give back to your college and your community, to help a fellow alumni or promote a worthwhile activity.
How Can I Volunteer?
Thanks for your interest in helping up Skidmore as an alumni volunteer. Not all alumni volunteer jobs require a lot of time or long term commitments. Consider some of the opportunities below that may suit you and your schedule.
Short Term Volunteer Opportunities
- Be an Alumni Admissions Contact
- Be a Regional Event Volunteer
- Be a Parent Volunteer
- Attend Skidmore Business Network Function
Work with the Career Development Center
- Be a Career Advisor
- Facilitate Internships
- Be a Professional Mentor/Advisor
- Host a Student for a Day of Job Shadowing
- Share Job/Internship Postings
- Return to Campus for a Career Panel
Long Term Volunteer Positions
- Class President
- Class Secretary
- Class Fund Chair
- Friend of President Chair
- Reunion Chair
- Class Agent
- Class Officer
- Regional Event Officer