Schedule time on the Campus!
Early Decision Applicants Checklist
To be considered for admission, please submit the following:
- $65 application fee (check or credit card accepted). No application can be processed until the fee is received or a request for a waiver has been signed by the student’s secondary school guidance counselor and submitted.
- The application: Students must apply directly through the Common Application website: Common Application
- Secondary School Report (see Common Application) filled out by secondary school guidance counselor (includes official high school transcript)
- Two academic Teacher Evaluation Reports (see Common Application)
- Midyear Report filled out by secondary school guidance counselor (see Common Application)
- Early Decision Agreement form if applying ED Round I or ED Round II, including student, parent/guardian, and guidance counselor signatures (see Common Application)
- Standardized testing must be completed by November of senior year for Round I and December for Round II (Skidmore's CEEB code is 2815; the ACT code is 2906).
- If applying for financial aid, complete the College Scholarship Service Financial Aid PROFILE (available on our Financial Aid website) no later than November 15 (Round I) or January 15 (Round II).
Note: For information on whether Early Decision is right for you, click here.
If submitting an art portfolio (not required):
Prospective studio art majors are not required to submit a portfolio. If you are submitting an art portfolio, please submit electronically via slideroom.com, in partnership with the Common Application.
Keep in mind: Due to the number of portfolio submissions, applicants should adhere to the following guidelines to ensure that their portfolios are reviewed:
- At least four works must be drawings from direct observation.
- Artworks should demonstrate a command of elements of visual language, including composition, line, form and color.
- Portfolios should reflect the abilities and experience of the applicants.